Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Morgan Griffith on Obamacare

From U.S. Representative Morgan Griffith:


"
Another Broken Promise
When trying to sell the American people on their plans for health care reform in February of 2010, then-Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi said, “This [health care] bill is not only about the health security of America.  It’s about jobs.  In its life, it will create 4 million jobs — 400,000 jobs almost immediately.”

But a report released last week by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office found, “The labor force is projected to be about 2 million full-time-equivalent workers smaller in 2025 under the [Affordable Care Act] than it would have been otherwise.”

Health care premiums and taxes increasing under Obamacare, and the labor force is being hurt as well.

Despite the law not having fulfilled broken promises, Pelosi said last year about Obamacare, “I believe it’s a winner.”  Many Americans – myself included – strongly disagree.

If you have questions, concerns, or comments, feel free to contact my office.  You can call my Abingdon office at 276-525-1405 or my Christiansburg office at 540-381-5671.  To reach my office via email, please visit my website at www.morgangriffith.house.gov.  Also on my website is the latest material from my office, including information on votes recently taken on the floor of the House of Representatives.
"

No comments:

Post a Comment