Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Link Log for 2.26.24

Three pleasant links:

Education 

In a world where civilized, ethical human beings could coexist peacefully and sustain an Internet--not that I'm saying we live or ever will live in such a world, actually--what would education look like?


Music 

Europeans attempt a classic song...


Scent 

Unlike powder and paint, I never took any vow not to wear perfume. I like perfume, myself--in small reasonable doses, of course. Some people overdo it, or expect perfume to compensate or not Doing Number Three. But a small judicious hint of scent? Why not? This is why not. When working as a home nurse I had patients whose reactions to flowery (and some fruity) scents were like Judy Dykstra-Brown's. I didn't like to walk in and watch a patient begin to droop, visibly, until person finally asked, "Are you by any chance...wearing any...perfume?"

"Well, not perfume, on this job, but a little underarm deodorant..."

"I...thought so. Oh please, could you go and wash it off!" 

I've not given up my underarm deodorants, nor my scented soaps. Unscented soap has a scent of its own that is not very nice. But, reflecting on the fact that there's likely to be at least one perfume-sensitive person in every crowd, I have stopped buying cologne. 






No comments:

Post a Comment