Wednesday, February 28, 2024

The Internet Without Google?

Rumors have circulated that Google-as-we-know-it may cease to exist. What I saw last night suggested that that may be true. 
 
Other browsers exist. I switched to one of them. Other blog sites also exist. Live Journal is not reliable enough for regular use, though some posts may go there. Both Word Press and Live Journal run their ads on blogs at no benefit to the blogger or readers, which makes them options I'd prefer not to consider.
 
Posts at this web site have been backed up and can be mass-migrated to a new site when I find one that's suitable. Or new blog posts may go into newsletter mode. Newsletter mode should allow us to maintain the current format (Sunday: Christian; Monday: butterflies; Tuesday: cuddly pets; Wednesday: fluff; Thursday: serious article; Friday: poem). 

If web-searching and link-sharing cease to be available, well, that'll be a sign from Life telling me to dedicate more time to spreading Glyphosate Awareness in the real world.

Face it, Gentle Readers. The big tech companies are not friends of free speech, free enterprise, or fair exchange. The Internet has served us well for longer than I expected; much longer than most people I know, in real life, believe is possible.

From e-mail newsletters I fully expect to go to printed ones. It would be pleasant, but I don't really expect, to have the Internet long enough to finish even the butterfly series, although I'll try. 

(Seriously? At the rate of one butterfly species a week, it would be pleasant, but none of us can really expect, to live long enough to finish the butterfly series. Although I'll try.)

Book reviews will continue to be posted...wherever they fit.

Save this link in case you come online and find Blogspot gone: cat_sanctuary.livejournal.com. 

If you want to be sure of maintaining contact, send an e-mail to the public e-mail address for this web site, PriscillaKing2020@outlook.com. I don't sell friends' e-mail addresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment