Sunday, February 4, 2024

Status Update

No worries, Nephews, please. I'm feeling much much better than I did on Friday. I'm still in Total Wimp Mode, though. Nibbles of food, nibbles of activity, nibbles of sitting up

Brain function is still plodding and linear, devoid of fancies, whimsies, and tangents. Total concentration is still required to process challenging thoughts like "Walk to door, put on shoes, feed cats, replace kibble inside door, proceed to screen porch, and now it's probably a good idea to lie down and rest"--although you see me typing this Status Update.

I wanted to post a New Christian Book Review today. That does not be happening. I read only one new Christian book last week, and my verdict was "The author needs to make some improvements before trying to publish this book--for Christ's sake." Christians are not perfect. We have thoughts that are uncharitable; we have thoughts that are unbecoming to our age and station in life. But we are generally expected to edit those thoughts out of books we publish.

So you are about to see a review of a Christian book that was printed many years ago, and then I am going to lie down and see whether I can concentrate enough to write a piece of Bad Poetry (TM). It will probably be bad but it should at least be amusing. And then, if I don't just sleep the warm sunny afternoon away, bring this web site up to date on the butterfly posts, at last.

It's traditional, and would be pleasant, to tell you that this is something you'll understand when you're older. Unfortunately I know better. It is something some of you understood very well when you were six years old. And, until we get glyphosate banned, it's not likely to improve.

Is "wail" a sufficiently deprecating label for this post? Do we need one for "whine"?

No comments:

Post a Comment