Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Phenology: Flooded Valleys

I'm not sure where in the United States the blogger known as Earthspirits lives, but these high-water photos resemble what we've been seeing in southwestern Virginia lately:

http://earthspirits.dreamwidth.org/111680.html

Lots of streams up to or over their banks. Humidity remains high. Rain and snow keep falling.

Here in Gate City the temperature is comfortably up in the thirties (Fahrenheit of course), the weekend's snow is melting, roads are muddy. Rain was not falling, but was expected, when I left the house so I didn't bother carrying the laptop...it hardly worked fast enough to let me deal with half a dozen e-mails in four hours, yesterday, anyway. Of course, to be fair, the e-mails I opened first were full of links to pending bills...

No comments:

Post a Comment