Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Allen West Endorses Scott Lingamfelter

Fair disclosure: Scott Lingamfelter paid whatever it cost to distribute Allen West's endorsement:

"Dear Fellow Republican,

Allen WestAs I recently told my friends and fellow leaders at CPAC, if there is one constant in the history of America, it is that this great republic always has risen on the backs of giants.

When our leaders are weak or shallow, we falter. When our leaders are strong, faithful and true, we triumph.

Colonel Scott Lingamfelter is a giant. A great man, a great conservative change agent, and a great statesman who stands head and shoulders above the rest of the field.

That is why it is my honor and privilege to endorse Scott Lingamfelter for Lieutenant Governor of Virginia.

Scott would never tell you what I'm about to say. Like all true leaders, he doesn't bang his own drum. But much of what I know about leadership I learned from Scott Lingamfelter.

When I was a young captain commanding a divisional Rocket Battery at Fort Riley Kansas, home of the 1st Infantry Division, the Big Red One, Scott was my commanding officer and he truly embodied the 1st Infantry Division's creed, "No mission too difficult, no sacrifice too great, Duty First."

But he was more than that. Scott was a commanding presence in the development of my character. I knew what he expected of me, and I knew he believed in me. I knew he would stand by me. I would have followed that man to the ends of the Earth.

Indeed, I did, when a few years later, Scott and I went to the deserts of Iraq and Kuwait with the 1st Infantry Division to liberate Kuwait. Some years later, I would return to liberate Iraq. And the way I stood up for my troops then is the way that Scott always stood up for his.

But please know, my endorsement of Scott goes beyond our service side-by-side in the military. I'm endorsing Scott because he and I see eye-to-eye on the threats against our liberty and how to confront them.

Today, Scott and I see the freedom we risked our lives to defend dying a death of a thousand cuts, from our right to bear arms ... to our property rights ... to our right to religious freedom.

And I know firsthand that Scott is the giant we need in this race for Lieutenant Governor. He knows how to fight -- and win -- against the gun grabbers, the limousine liberals and the Democrats in Republican clothing.

Scott believes passionately that the Constitution was written to control the government, not the people. And Scott will restrain the government with an iron fist when it steps over the line and threatens our liberty.

Folks, money can't buy the silver eagles of a Colonel the Army puts on your shoulders. You've got to earn them. And money can't buy an endorsement from me. You've got to earn it.

In the way he has conducted his life - his military life, his political life and his personal life - Scott has earned my highest endorsement many times over.

But you and other freedom-loving Virginians will only get one opportunity to endorse Scott Lingamfelter for Lieutenant Governor. That chance is now.

Support Scott with your vote as a delegate, with your financial contribution to his campaign, and with your prayers that Virginians will be wise enough to nominate a giant for Lieutenant Governor of Virginia.

Yours truly,
Allen West
Colonel Allen West

P.S. I know Scott Lingamfelter. I fought in combat with Scott Lingamfelter. And my friend, the other candidates in this race are good people, but they are just not in the same league as Scott Lingamfelter. I urge you to join with me in supporting Scott Lingamfelter for Lieutenant Governor of Virginia.
"

(Interestingly, this web site won't copy the photo of Scott Lingamfelter--oh well you know what he looks like, right? sandy hair parted on the side--but will copy the photo and signature graphic of Allen West. Oh, technology...)

No comments:

Post a Comment