Thursday, June 6, 2013

What's Verizon Reporting About You?

From Karen Bracken, edited for formatting by PK:

"
Patriots,
 
There is always one way to make companies do the right thing and that is citizens taking a stand against their products.  Hit them in the pocketboook.  Their profits are all they care about and it is all their shareholders care about.  So want to make companies like Monsanto, WalMart, MasterCard, Starbucks and Verizon do what is right? Hit them where it hurts.
 
I have been a loyal Verizon customer for years.  I retired from Verizon with 28 years of service (land lines) and another 2 years with Verizon Wireless.  I can tell you THIS…..the Wireless portion of Verizon is their cash cow.  It is the only truly profitable part of the company.  Without VZW the rest of Verizon would not survive.  So even though I have been a loyal customer and a retiree of the company I will be canceling my service with them ASAP!!!  And I will let them know why.  I canceled Master Card, I refuse to purchase anything that I know is produced by Monsanto, I canceled my car insurance with Progressive, canceled AARP (now belong to AMAC) and now I will make the biggest sacrifice of all.  I will find another cell phone carrier.  There are many carriers and it will take a little adjustment but believe me Verizon will get the message and they will get their lawyers to fight the federal government rather than sell out their customers that keep them in business.  We keep them in business and we can put them out of business too.
 
If you take the challenge be sure to let them know WHY YOU ARE CANCELING your service.  If they fought back and lost that would be one thing but they did not fight back.  They took the easy road for them and told their customers they do not matter.  It is also possible VZ is not the only one.
 
Karen
 
This is just the beginning....

NSA collecting phone records of millions of Verizon customers daily

Exclusive: Top secret court order requiring Verizon to hand over all call data shows scale of domestic surveillance under Obama

Read the Verizon court order in full here
Under the terms of the order, the numbers of both parties on a call are handed over, as is location data and the time and duration of all calls. Photograph: Matt Rourke/AP.
 
The National Security Agency is currently collecting the telephone records of millions of US customers of Verizon, one of America's largest telecoms providers, under a top secret court order issued in April.
 
The order, a copy of which has been obtained by the Guardian, requires Verizon on an "ongoing, daily basis" to give the NSA information on all telephone calls in its systems, both within the US and between the US and other countries.
"
 
[KB helpfully copied the whole Guardian article into her e-mail. I checked; clicking on the headline should open the full report.]
 
Hmm. I don't think I use Verizon. For those who do, and want to switch, there's an alternative:
 
"
PLEASE SHARE WITH EVERYONE you know.  Post on FaceBook and Twitter.  This software was developed by a concerned conservative from Tennessee.
 
 
I downloaded this app to my ANDROID and it is AWESOME!!!  You can view it on computer and IPHONE too.  It is a free application!!
 
Karen Bracken - I WILL NOT COMPLY - WILL YOU?

No comments:

Post a Comment